Put your books away, class. Time for a pop quiz:
- Can you define a corporate change of control?
- In what ways can equity awards be handled in a corporate merger, acquisition, divestiture, or spinoff?
- How can a pre-IPO company create liquidity for its stock other than being acquired?
- Why do some privately held companies grant early-exercise stock options?
- How soon after an IPO can you sell company shares?
- What is a lockup, and how do the lockup requirements differ from those under Rule 144?
The current back-to-school climate makes this an appropriate time to announce two new quizzes at myStockOptions.com. Bringing our total number of quizzes to a dozen, the recent additions test your knowledge of equity compensation issues in M&A transactions and pre-IPO companies.
Our quizzes are free to all users of our website (companies can license and customize them for their stock plan participants). All 12 are available by links from our home page, and each quiz also appears on the landing page the relevant content section. The answer key of each quiz has links to relevant articles and/or FAQs, making the quizzes not just gateways to our award-winning content but also helpful learning tools in themselves—and much more fun than homework.
Our short quizzes are separate from our Learning Center, which has in-depth courses and exams offering continuing education credits for Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs) and Certified Financial Planners (CFP). Our quizzes are also part of our growing body of interactive and multimedia content, which includes podcasts and videos.